MBBS stands for Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery. One of the toughest and popular subjects as compared to other subject like engineering, IT and so on. MBBS holds two degree which is good. MBBS is an undergraduate program in medical field, so student must pass +2 in sciences. Student work really hard to get this degree .The duration of MBBS is about 5.5-6 years with additional 1 year internship program .If you have patience and compassion with interest to help people ,MBBS is for you.
MBBS Courses in Nepal:
There are 3 main MBBS courses in Nepal with 6-7 main topics. Some of the courses are listed below-
1. Basic Sciences
Knowledge of the gross and microscopic structure and development of human body to provide a basis for understanding the clinical correlation of organs or structures involved
Physiology aims is to provide knowledge of the normal functions of the organ systems of the body and physiological basis of health and diseases.
In Biochemistry, student learns about the scientific basis of the life processes at the molecular level and to orient them in solving clinical problems.
- Community Medicine
- Forensic Medicine
and For More..
In Nepal, there are lots of colleges and university where you can study MBBS .To join, student must give entrance examination .Many student pass the entrance examination .There’s also a certain amount of scholarship where few student get it .While other student won’t get ,so they maybe study in full payment or loss a year and give entrance examination to get scholarship.
Here are some list of University and its affiliated colleges:
- Institute of Medicine(IOM) ,Maharjgung ,KTM
- Chitwan Medical College,Bharatpur,Chitwan
- Janaki Medical College ,Janakpur
- KIST Medical College ,Imadole ,Lalitpur
- Kathmandu Medical College,Sinamangal,KTM
- Lumbini Medical College,Palpa
- Manipal College of Medical Science,Pokhara
- Nepalgunj Medical College, Nepalgunj
- B.P. Koirala Institute of Health Sciences,Dharan, Sunsari(CBSE)
- Patan Academy of Health Sciences